There are no accidents.
– Master Oogway
Okay , this was perhaps the toughest unit , I have come across because it was way too long , but it was also too much fun learning new concepts and improving my web crawler with a few more specifications. The problems from the problem set were also generally tougher than other problem sets. To be honest , the only problem I wasn’t able to solve entirely was Lesson 14’s Quiz 3 : Numbers in the list , It almost worked except for one condition.
Here are the links for for code of each lesson –
Lesson 10 :https://github.com/aalpanigrahi/code_resources/tree/master/udacity/intro_to_cs/lesson10
Lesson 11 :https://github.com/aalpanigrahi/code_resources/tree/master/udacity/intro_to_cs/lesson11
Lesson 12 :https://github.com/aalpanigrahi/code_resources/tree/master/udacity/intro_to_cs/lesson12
Lesson 13 :https://github.com/aalpanigrahi/code_resources/tree/master/udacity/intro_to_cs/lesson13Lesson 14 :https://github.com/aalpanigrahi/code_resources/tree/master/udacity/intro_to_cs/lesson14
So , these are some of the topics I have learned are:
- Solutions of a given computational problem , as a procedure with a set of given inputs and outputs
- What is defensive programming ?
- 5 basic steps for solving a problem.
- What is algorithmic pseudo-code ?
- What is a simple mechanical solution ?
- What is assertion statement ? What is it’s syntax ?
- What is a list ?
- What is the difference between lists and strings ?
- What is a nested list ?
- String as a structured data.
- How to access elements of a nested list ?
- What is exponentiation operator (**) ?
- What is the difference between string’s assignment and list’s mutation ?
- What is meant by aliasing ?
- Passing mutable data vs non-mutable data as elements of function ?
- what is <list>.append(<element>) ?
- What is len(<list>) ?
- What is list addition ?
- What are the basic requirements of storage of data ?
- What is latency and latency distance ?
- What is DRAM ?
- What is a for loop ? What is it’s syntax ?
- What is <list>.index(<element>) ?
- What is <value> in <list> ? What is <value> not in <list> ?
- What is <list>.pop() ?
- What role does robot.txt play when it comes to search engine ?
- for loop with multiple names.
- Building web crawler program with max_depth and max_pages
- What is a frequency analyzer ?
- What is <list>.reverse() ?
I would perhaps start Unit 4 (Lesson 15-17) by today itself . It will be fun.